The installer went away for a while, using 100% (of one) CPU, but I think that was because of the sheer size of my browsing history being imported from Firefox. Need a progress bar there, I think.
When it finally installed, I started it up and…
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.
I get that message every time I try to load any page.
That makes me a saaaad panda 🙁
EDIT: The problem seems to be caused by Symantec Endpoint Security (specifically the Application & Device Control component). Hopefully Symantec will release an update that fixes this soon. In the meantime you can uninstall Application & Device Control without completely uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Security.
EDIT: The problem has been added to the Chrome bug tracker, so you can track its progress here
EDIT: The problem has been added to the Symantec Knowledge Base here
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google debuts its own browser
- Google launches browser, comic strip [Google Chrome]
- Google launches internet browser
- Google Chrome – A new browser
- Chrome: This Is Web OS, Make No Mistake
- Chrome: Google Proves It’s Not Just for Cars Anymore
- Google to Release Open-Source ‘Chrome’ Browser
- Google Chrome Vs Firefox